Hula Hoop For Exercise

I want an exercise that is fun and that I am motivated to do. I want an exercise that I can do at home. I also want an exercise that will help me lose weight and flatten my tummy. Well, if you feel this way, then hula hooping may be the tool for you.

I have found that hula hooping is very addicting. I notice other adults and kids feel the same way. Why is that? Because it is fun. Any activity that brings you joy, you tend to want to do. What's even more exciting are the health benefits you get from hula hooping.

Exercise

One of the major health benefits from hula hooping is that it builds your core muscles, both in your abdomen and in your mid-back. When your core stabilizers get strong, along with stretching the correct muscles, your posture will improve. Let me explain. Your core muscles are the muscles responsible for stabilizing your body throughout the day. They play a role in whether you are standing, sitting, walking, or lifting an object. Not only do your core muscles need to be strong, but they also need to have endurance. When the body gets balanced between strength and flexibility, the pelvis and shoulders can align properly. Once you can align your spine correctly, your posture will improve. Fortunately, the very basic moves with the hula hoop can achieve this. This includes spinning the hoop at waist level as well as spinning the hoop overhead in your hand.

Another benefit of the hula hoop is not only does it increase your core strength, but it helps flatten your tummy. It does not take long to get a cardiovascular workout while hula hooping. After about twenty minutes of playing with the hula hoop, you begin to really burn calories. Just like you would on a treadmill, but hooping is fun and motivating. You will lose weight and gain muscle tone just from hooping. Also, hooping helps to balance your body and make your muscles symmetrical. It is very important to always hoop in both directions.

Just like any other exercise program, you must slowly build up your workout program. Although, hooping is fun, you must set time limits and not overdo your workout. I suggest that if you are working real hard to keep the hoop up and are not experiencing any discomfort, you can start with hooping for about ten minutes. Next, slowly increase your time each day that you hula hoop. Once you are able to hoop smoothly and with more ease, you can safely hoop for longer periods of time. Can you imagine a workout program that you have to limit yourself to not overdo because it is so much fun? Finally, a fun and highly beneficial exercise program that strengthens your core, improves posture, helps you lose weight, and tones your body.

Hula Hoop For Exercise

My name is Jodi and I have been a Physical Therapist for over eleven years. I am certified in Pilates and have an advanced certification, Certified Functional Manual Therapist from The Institute of Physical Art. I have begun integrating the hula hoop with my patients. I love to educate everyone on the benefits of the hula hoop for health and movement. http://www.hoopforlowerbackexercises.com

Visit : What to do to lose weight World Health Club